Josi and Matt's Special Temple Day in Payson
What a glorious day! Josi and Matt went through the temple for the first time.
It was just our immediate family in the endowment session which was really unique and special. My Mom, Dad, Jon, Cami, Cort and I were all there. Parker came to the temple, too, and was able to do baptisms. The littles went to Adventure Time where Parker used to go to school and had a great time. Jack and Ella were a little stressed about me leaving, but they ended up enjoying school.
We were able to spend a nice long time in the Celestial Room as we waited to hear if the boys would be able to make it to the sealing. James was having a hard time transitioning and even gave Jenn a bloody nose when she tried to get him to go to the car. Jenn and Sari called the temple several times to try and give updates when they finally asked to put James' name on the prayer roll. 5 minutes later, they were on their way. James walked into the temple, saw his brothers and happily gave them a big hug. They quietly got dressed in their white clothes and after Josi and Matt were sealed for time and all eternity, the boys came in a they were sealed as a family. James was so overcome with feeling the spirit. He embraced his mom in a full body hug, wrapping his legs up on her. He even saw the altar and laid down for a second. He's the best. I want to lay myself down on the altar sometimes, too.
We went outside to take a few pictures and the entire family was simply glowing. It was a magnificent day and I'm so glad I was able to be there.
Parker and I picked up the kids and drove through Chick Fil A for milkshakes and headed home. It was a fast and easy drive with just 1 stop in St. George. We made it in a little over 9 hours. We were definitely watched over and blessed. I ran out of gas as I was coming down the grade and had to put my car in neutral and cruise in on fumes.
We were all happily exhausted when we got home.
It was a wonderful week and I'm so proud of myself for doing this trip solo- without Tanner's help. I knew I could do it, but I had so much fun in the process and it really filled my cup.
It's going to be hard to top this road trip, but I'm gonna try!












Comments