The 4th and 5th of July in Utah
On Sunday we checked out of our amazing River House and went back up to the Cottage to join the family for an intimate church service and Chicken n Rice. Just as we began, I realized I didn't see Rayleigh and spent the entirety of the meeting looking for her. I was calm and knew she probably hadn't died in a horrific way, but I wasn't going to stop looking for her until I found her. She was playing hide n seek under one of the beds, only no one else was playing. I was feeling very emotional about not being able to find her, missing the family church service, and the fact that Tanner was sitting on his butt not doing a damn thing to help me. I wanted to cry so badly after I found her and was able to breath, but I didn't.
But I was NOT happy.
I made the chicken n rice for everyone and we all devoured it. Tanner was being annoying and was most likely upset with me for being upset and he took my car and left for a few hours. That was cool. Thanks for that, Tanner. Awesome choice.
The kids played with their cousins and Parker had a blast playing Risk with the big cousins. Jon had left with his family to visit Laura's brother and Cami rolled in the night before. So we hadn't had a chance to all be together.
Jack started feeling unwell and I could tell he had a fever. FINALLY, Tanner showed back up and took the little kids on a walk. I gave Jack some Tylenol and put a cool cloth on his head and prayed he'd start feeling better so we could go do fireworks with cousins. The clouds started to gather and we began the drive down the mountain when Jack started throwing up. He'd eaten red vines so when he barfed everywhere, it was bright red and looked like a murden scene. We pulled over next to the river coming down the mountain and cleaned up as best we could with the wind whipping us and rain starting to come down. But after that, Jack started to feel better.
We met up with cousins to do little fireworks in a church parking lot and everyone had a blast. What's the 4th without fireworks?
After that, we drove Tanner back to the airport and I was happy to see him go, BYE!!!! Don't worry, we've come full circle. But at the time, I was still so angry with him. We went to Ryan and Claurys' house to sleep that night in Farmington. Parker stayed with his big kid cousins at the Cottage so it was just me and the littles again. Everyone fell asleep on the way over there and there was a huge storm with rain and thunder and lightning. I was glad when we finally arrived and so,so exhausted on every level.
BUT, Ryan's kids were wide awake and level 10 hyper! They screamed and ran around and played and threw slime everywhere until Ryan and Claurys' wrangeld them all upstairs. My kids were in desperate need of a shower but the shower curtain kept falling down and giving us a heart attack. I, too, needed a shower and I REALLY needed to wash my hair but the shower curtain was not going to stay. I got a very good ab workout trying to lay down in the bathtub and wash my hair under the tap.
We all slept well that night and Ryan picked us up some Chick Fil A for breakfast which was so thoughtful. I loved catching up with our dear friends and the kids had so much fun playing.
I took the kids back-to-school shopping and was feeling the pressure. They are going to miss their first day of school so that we can be in Utah for Josi's special temple day. There was a lot of random stuff that they both needed but we managed to get it all. And, Jack got a stuffed minecraft zombie and he loves it so much. He has been taking it everywhere and he says he feels the spirit when he hugs it.
We met up with the family at Joann's for the Bullock Family Reunion. The food was almost all gone because we were late but Ella still got in on that fried chicken action. The kids had fun running around and playing and Rayleigh and I almost got lost when we had to go inside for the bathroom. Joann's house is huge and... strange.
After the reunion, everyone went their separate ways and I took the kids to the Payson Grotto. It was fun and special being there and it was nice having the opportunity to share with my kids my memories of my grandma. She would hike to the grotto when she was young and I know she had many peaceful moments there thinking about her parents who passed away during the spanish flu. We are so thankful for eternal families!
Parker went to Splash Summit with Cami's family so we grabbed some Cafe Rio and swam at Carole's while we waited for him. I got to briefly see Carole, Pete. Jenn, Emily and Gavin while we were there. That night, we slept at Brian and Pilar's beautiful new home in Vineyard. I wanted to make sure it was a quiet and pleasant experience for everyone and it was! The kids and I enjoyed a nice shower and a great night's sleep.
I am so thankful for life long, dear friends who comfort and protect me. To ask for a place to shower and sleep and to have friends open their homes, no questions asked, is such a blessing. I am lucky to have many of these kinds of friends.
Matt teaching Ella how to do jumping jacks
This picture sums up how everyone is feeling as of now...



















































Comments