Lots of Beach Days

School started and poor Jack was wiped out. He came home one day and crashed. He fell right to sleep and may have even had a little fever. Poor kid. Going from school at home for just a few hours to ALL day school away from home is a big change. But he rallied like a champ and he's doing much better now. Rayleigh LOVES school and already her teacher is blowing me away with her love and patience with Rayleigh. It's going to be a good year.

Tanner's work had a pool party at the Newport Coast Villas. It's kinda funny because Jeremy and his family stay there for 2 weeks every Summer and they just invited all the admins and their families to come hang out. Like, "You are welcome to spend a minute enjoying MY vacation but then you need to go back to work." It was slightly awkward but I'm never going to turn down pool time by the beach and a free dinner. It was nice spending time with some of the other administrators' wives, too. Tanner brought his 'A 'game and was playing with the kids in the pool (other people's kids too!) and played a rousing game of water volleyball. Who is this person?

The next day, the kids were trashed and I had to wake them up for school. It's hard going to school in July because there's always fun things to do later in the day that keeps them up past their bedtime. But we got them off to school and then headed down to Linda Lane. Jon's ward does a beach day there each week and he invited us but we left before he arrived. We did get to see Josi as we were leaving, though, which was so fun! And I ran into Kandy Foster and Becky and her kids. I love them! Parker, Ella, and I did some shopping at the Outlets and grabbed some Chick Fil A before heading home. Fun day!
The next day, Parker invited a few friends to the beach. We went to Strands because I'd been down there earlier in the week for a dentist appointment and took the opportunity to see Robyn and walk through her beautiful new home! She then took me out to brunch and I cannot explain how much I love her. She's just the best. Anyhoo, I took a car load of boys to the beach and it was the best. They had a blast and then they all came back to our house to swim and eat pizza and play video games. I love teenagers! They are way easier to have over than younger kids. Give me all the teens!
I've been trying to work out... it's not going so well. But I've done Barre a few times and swam laps. Both of which I LOVE but I lack the self discipline to stick with it.
And on Saturday, I took a car load of girls to the dance at the Jones' and once again, could they be any more fun? Parker is living the dream!
Tanner is working hard like always.










































 

Comments