Fun Times with Shelley

On Tuesday, after we dropped off Kass, Bridger, and Hardy at the airport, I took the kids to go see the new Mario Bros movie and it was so cute! The kids loved going to the movie theater and when you go on a Tuesday, it's half off! We then went to Jillian's birthday party at the park and the kids were soooo thrilled to see all of their friends from school! We are so blessed with such good friends.
That night I had a Relief Society activity at Cheryl's house and we talked about emergency preparedness. It was a nice evening and I left feeling edified. 
On Wednesday, I had to specifically schedule a day when we could stay home to clean and do laundry and pack for our trip because every day has just been so jam packed! It's all good things and it's been incredibly fun. But sometimes it's nice to just be home.
Thursday was so fantastic. I met Shelley at a Korean Spa called Wi Spa up in LA to celebrate our birthday. You have to be completely nude there and while it was uncomfortable, the massage was amazing. It was like nothing I've ever experienced and very vigorous. I didn't like the walking around naked part. But they gave me a body scrub, massage, facial, and they even washed my hair! It was so nice! Then I put on the little pajama clothes they give you, bought a delicious smoothie and sat outside while I shopped on my phone. I spent some time in the common room saunas too which were really cool. I loved the one with all of the clay balls.
After we each got our body treatments, we met up and went to dinner at this fabulous crab cooker place. We ordered shrimp and lobster and diet coke and sat for 3 and a half hours peeling buttery shrimp and talking. We could have stayed there all night! Shelley is doing the most incredible things: working as the house manager for the lead singer of Imagine Dragons, co writing a film series, and starring in a play! She's also traveling a ton and has recently gotten in touch with her birth parents. Everyone loves and adores her and she is in a really good place. I can't even explain to you how good it did my soul to spend that time with her. There is truly no one else like her in the whole world and our relationship means so much to me!
We are both turning 39 and saying goodbye to our 30's. Soon we will usher in a new decade of life and I think we are both excited for the opportunities that lie ahead.
Going to WiSpa was way out of my comfort zone but it was awesome trying something new and I love Shelley for introducing me to new and exciting things! What's next???




















 

Comments