Lion King Kids

Rayleigh's performance as Young Nala in the Lion King was a long time coming. She auditioned in November and started rehearsals in December and here were are 6 months later, finally enjoying the fruits of her labors. She worked sooo hard and was absolutely perfect. She wasn't nervous- in fact she said she is more comfortable in front of a crowd than one on one. She had energy and a good attitude and I am so proud of her! She had a big dress rehearsal on the Saturday before the shows started and had 5 performances. Her first show was on Wednesday morning for the TK, kinder, and 1st grade classes. I'm so glad I was able to see it! One of my kinders got a little bored toward the end and asked me, "How many more episodes???" ha ha

She performed Friday morning and then again Friday evening for their first paid show. Saturday morning, it was back to the school bright and early to get ready for the final show. My parents were able to come and Rayleigh did sooooo great! Jack and Tanner had to leave the show early to make it to Jack's playoff game and they WON! We celebrated everyone's achievements at lunch and after that, Rayleigh was exhausted. For the first time, she showed raw emotion when she broke down in tears because she wanted to rest. I helped her with her homework during the week because she was getting so behind missing school each morning.

She was a beautiful Young Nala and was a bright shining star up on stage. I can't wait to see her perform again!

























































Comments