Cousin Nativity
So, the vibes were a little off at the cousin nativity.
We each brought a dish to share and while we all did our best, I think we might have missed the mark.
During the gift exchange, poor Jack was completely left out and took it pretty hard. He cried and cried and felt so neglected- and I don't blame him. Some people got gifts and some didn't. Some got new things and some got hand me down used socks and stuffed animals. Why is my family like this? I don't know. But I DO know that money is tight for everyone and I didn't do a very good job at gifts this year, either. Next year, I'll do better. My Dad passed Jack a $20 bill and that helped him feel a little better. The gesture was SO generous and thoughtful. Jack doesn't really grasp the concept of $20 but I told him to give Bebo a hug and say thanks and stop crying and he did.
When we did the nativity, the kids all did a great job and took it seriously. They are all growing up and maturing into beautiful, talented, capable people and it's a wonder to witness. Usually, after all of the eating and gifts and nativity, we do a little Talent Show, but that didn't really happen either. Like I said, the vibes were a little off. But as we were cleaning up, there was a beautiful rainbow and we spent the afternoon at my parent's house which made everything better.
The most important thing is that we get together and are peaceful and happy- and that was surely accomplished. No drama!
But I'm going to set some goals for next year to be better at gift presentation and being thoughtful about each person. I love my family so much and they deserve all the best the world has to offer!


























Comments