Dance Recital, Work Party, Ward Party, Follow the Star, and Irvine Park Railraod
Friday night at the Chalk Walk, I received an urgent message from the dance studio that there was an emergency venue change for the recital AND that Rayleigh's show was being moved from Sunday at 1pm to Saturday at 6:30pm. Well, this was terrible news for us because it was already going to be a stretch to get to Tanner's work party on time after Ella's 4pm show. We were missing my work party at the principal's house and Parker was going to have to take the kids to the ward party without us. I was in total shock and dismay and had no idea what to do. I talked to Rayleigh and she made it clear that she did NOT want us to miss her performance. I sent my sweet friend, Lisa, a message begging her to help us out and she, being a saint, said she would do whatever she could to be there for Rayleigh and us. (Her girls were also reassigned to the 6:30pm show). I also sent a frantic message to the studio asking if there was any way Rayleigh could dance in another show.
Well, first thing Saturday morning, right at 6:45am, I got a message from the studio owner, Christina, and she said they were adding Rayleigh's dance to the end of Ella's show! It was a Christmas miracle!
We were up and ready early in the morning for the big, combined MCO rehearsal and it was fantastic. We were able to spend a few minutes in between rehearsals with my parents. MCO is the best!!!
We then came home and got ready for the girls' dance recital which happened to be at the Fox Theater which is at Mission Inn. Tanner and I got ready for his work party, and we talked Parker through the plan for him to drive the kids to the ward party after the show. The girls did a fantastic job in each of their performances! They totally nailed it and looked absolutely adorable on stage. They both love performing and I'm so grateful it all worked out!
Parker took the kids to the ward party which was NOT well attended but they were able to enjoy dinner, see Santa, and sing some Christmas songs on stage. I'm so proud of Parker for taking the reigns and being such an amazing big brother. We literally couldn't have done it without him!
Tanner and I were totally on time to his party at Morongo which was Great Gatsby themed. I had no idea how to dress or how to do my hair but I did my best! When we arrived, someone sat us down and I never once got up except to get my dinner. I was perfectly fine but it does beg the question: why do I attend these things if I don't even talk to anyone? It was so loud, there was no way I could have even held up a conversation. But the music was good and I was fine. Tanner performed in a very interesting talent show and then presented a heart felt tribute to Steve. He took the mic for a tear filled message and it was super awkward when the DJ blasted, "Don't Break My Heart, My Achey Breaky Heart" when Tanner was done speaking. Anyhoooooo, it was weird and I was glad when it was over and we were leaving.
I wore a black sparkly dress with black fringe, Muzzie's mink stole, Grandma's broach, and my mom's long strand pearls. So fancy!!!!
Sunday, after church and chicken and rice, we took the kids to Follow the Star which is a cherished family tradition. I love how we are really keeping Christ at the center of Christmas this year with all of these wonderful traditions. We weren't able to connect with my mom and dad or Cami and Jon. But we did see Brendan and Christy, and Angel and her boys! My kids always love looking through all of Sister Good's creche displays and finding all of the ones on the bingo hunt page. I love seeing all of the depitions of the baby Jesus from all over the world. And the live nativity scene is so moving. I just love everything about it! Including the hot chocolate at the end! At one point, Jack had 4 cups all filled up in his arms. He has the biggest sweet tooth!
On the way home from Follow the Star, we stopped by Irvine Park Railroad for a little breeze through. It was way more crowded than last year but still so pretty and fun all lit up. We enjoyed capping off the weekend there.
It was a whirlwind weekend and I'm kinda glad it's over! Jingle all the way!
A few pictures Parker took at the ward party





































































Comments