Hygge Snow Camp Part 1: Skiing and Swimming
After our super successful Cowboy Camp over the Summer, I got the idea to do a Snow Camp but make it Hygge. I wanted to go very easy and light on our gift giving on Christmas morning and capitalize more on the experience of staying in a cabin up in the snow and doing alllll of the snow things. And boy, did we enjoy a winter wonderland!
We woke up happy and refreshed in Utah and loaded up and drove up to Idaho. We stopped and had lunch with Kaitlin and Kassidy and finally got to meet baby Sunny who is sooooo cute! She is just a little doll and I was so glad I got to snuggle on her. Tanner was in heaven with all of the babies and the kids loved playing with their cousins. We then went up to Kim and Monte's and the kids played in the snow while we unloaded and chatted. That night, we took the kids sledding and a snow park and Parker stayed home to watch a movie with Kim and Monte. It was freezing, like, the coldest night in weeks. But the kids had fun and they were thrilled when Tanner went down with them and made them go faster. Ella was a little more hesitant and I should have gotten a ticket to go too but I didn't want to hurt myself! ha ha
We grabbed some Culvers on the way home for dinner and slept soundly in Blackfoot that night.
The next day, the kids each had ski lessons in Inkom and Tanner was able to visit his Uncle Rob who's on hospice. The kids had a blast skiing and were so good! After their lesson, they were able to ski with cousins and that LOVED that. They begged to go skiing again but we just didn't have time! We need to go more next year, for sure. It was fun to see Jody and Billy and Parker was cool to hang out with me and eat food while we watched the kids ski.
After skiing, Aunt Paige invited us all over to swim at her newly renovated, huge indoor pool. Kim and Monte brought pizzas and Travis and Nicole came too! It was fun being all together! T'was the perfect day for us with skiing all day and swimming all evening! I can't believe the amount of energy my kids have. And not only that, but they were happy and well behaved the whole time, too! They are the best! Tanner is happy and so glad to be with his family and we are all having a wonderful time!














































Comments