Ringing in the New Year in Idaho

 Sunday, NYE, we checked out of our cute cabin and made our way back to Blackfoot. Monte left to spend some time down in Mesquite and Kim went to go hear Travis speak on church. We didn’t spend hardly any time with Travis and Nicole because they all got the stomach flu. But Kassidy and Kaitlin came over with a ham and we had the yummiest dinner together. The cousins play SO WELL together and it’s such a simple joy being together.  We hung out and tried to pick a date and location for our Peterson reunion (looks like Newport at the end of July!) and I got to snuggle baby Sunny.

That evening, we went to Aaron and Vanae’s house to ring in the New Year! I’m trying to help Tanner get together with his buddies more often and I think it’s really good for him. Tad didn’t bring his family because they too have the stomach flu. But Jake was there with his cute girls and we all brought food to share and snack on. The kids ran around and played and we sat around and chatted and it was so fun! Aaron and Vanae have tons of cats/kittens and the kids fell completely in love- especially Parker. Now they are begging for a cat and I don’t even want a dog! Sheesh!
We rang in the new year watching the ball drop in New York at 10pm but the kids were going strong and wanted to keep playing so we ended up staying until midnight. It was so fun and so nice being with such sweet friends.
We packed up yet again and drove all the way home on New Year’s Day and it was super easy. The kids were exceptional on the drive and I was able to listen to a book. I have high hopes for 2024. I feel like I was intentional in 2023 and formed some good, healthy habits and that will continue in 2024. I pray for continued good health, financially progress, and to lose a few pounds. I’m grateful we are studying the Book of Mormon this year and am excited to read more good books to the kids at bedtime. Parker will see a lot of growth this year applying to BYU and preparing for moving out and serving a mission. I’m super stoked for him!
I love my job and our daily routine. I love being close with my kids and spending so much time with my little buddies. I want to improve my relationship with Tanner and enjoy more date nights, quality time, and affection. I think this year could prove very successful for him in his career and I’m really hoping we meet and exceed some financial goals.
But truly, we are so blessed with this life. We are happy and grounded and good. I’m ready to let go of past relationships that have Been toxic and hurtful and move on to better more meaningful friendships. I turn 40 this year and Tanner and I celebrate 20 years of marriage! I’m excited to celebrate these milestones with flare and festivities and explore new adventures! With God, nothing is impossible!
























Comments