Birthdays, Boat Parades, and Playdates
The day after the MCO concert we were all still on such a music high. We were on cloud 9 and decided to meet Angel and her boys at Big Air to celebrate Nico's 8th birthday. The kids LOVE being together and had a blast running and jumping. We drove through McDonald's and then ate/played at the park until sunset. It's so EASY with Ang. I'm so eternally grateful for my best friend!!
We stopped by my parents house and picked up Parker and then cruise down to the Newport Beach Boat Parade. I wasn't quite sure where we would park but Parker guided us to where a $12 million dollar was displayed (he found the address on Insta) and and lucked out on a parking spot! Parker was in HEAVEN. He's been really into race cars lately and was so stoked to see this car and be around other race car fanatics. The kids and I walked around Balboa Island and enjoyed all of the decked out houses and super cool boats! The vibes were everything and I couldn't get enough of the Christmas spirit. It was a totally fantastic day!
Thursday we spent most of the day baking and decorating cookies. I don't think it's anyone's most favorite thing to do but hey, it's tradition! That night we had fun at Wyatt's pokemon birthday party and the kids were thrilled to be with their friends.
Friday I had big plans to go visit Tanner's work but alas, another year gone by and I did NOT go. I ran some errands and Sophia came over to play with Ella. She's the cutest and I'm so happy she could come over. We had a much needed lazy/catch up day and then I took the kids to their school's Winter Fest. It was fun and there was a lot to do. Rayleigh got her face painted, they jumped in the bounce houses, there were crafts, the playground which was everyone's favorite, pony rides, and a train! The kids were so happy and it was fun to see some familiar faces.
I truly cherish this time of year and the time I get to spend with my children. I know when they were little I was also in desperate need of a break. And I know when they get older, things will change again. But right now is such a sweet spot. I love everything that they love and making them light up with the simple things never gets old.
We came home Friday night and watched the Christ Child and some Light the World videos. Then we did this random act of kindness calculator and cracked up when it spit out this suggestion!








.jpeg)




























Comments