FHE Ice Skating and Cheesecake Factory, Top Golf, and Book Club

We started off the week with a new favorite tradition: Ice Skating and Cheesecake Factory for Family Home Evening on the first Monday in December. Tanner was a little late and didn't make it in time for ice skating. But the kids had a blast! Ray was so kind and helpful to all the other skaters on the rink. She befriended an older Asian man and she and Jack helped 2 little girls learning to skate with their mom and nanny. Ella was tentative at first but ended the night doing little twirls in the middle of the ice. Jack was a powerhouse- skating fast and falling all over the place. It was SO FUN. The music, the vibes, the giant glittery tree, it was all so fantastic!

Dinner was super yummy and totally hit the spot. Tanner did something silly that made me laugh SO hard, I had tears streaming down my face. It was a glorious night! Tanner and I got the kids to bed and started watching one of our traditional Christmas time movies- but I can only get through 20 minutes before I fall asleep...

Tuesday I took the kids to Top Golf and Nichole asked if I could take her kids and nanny too. I had to drive her car to fit everyone and once we arrived I realized that the kids could totally fall to their deaths on the 3rd floor driving range. It was nuts and the kids were crazy and in an effort to leave quickly I said I was going to take my kids to In n Out for lunch only for Nichole to request that I take her kids too, send me her complicated order, and get food to deliver to her, too! It was so awkward with her Spanish speaking nanny but she was so sweet and I was glad she was there. No one said thank you and I realized that I don't like being in charge of other people's kids. But I counted it as our way to light the world that day because the kids remarked about how encouraging and nice we were to each other. Also, Nichole gave me money for everything so that was nice!

Grateful that THAT was over, we came home and Parker helped me bake brownies, I took the girls to dance (their last class because I pulled them out) and Jack to swim and even dropped off a little treat to my friend Kim who is sick.

That night, I was so happy to be able to attend Christmas Book Club at my mom's and Angel came too, for the first time! Each of us brought a dish to share (I brought the brownies) and the food was so good! We talked about good books to read next year and had a fun book exchange! It really lifted my spirits and was so festive and fun! I stayed until midnight talking with my mom. What can I say, she's my best friend!

The next day, we all slept in. But no one slept in longer than Ella who finally got out of bed at 1pm. We were having such a quiet, cozy morning! She thought she was sick when she got up but really she was hungry! She snuggled next to me while I read and called Josi. Josi broke her leg!!!! But I booked flights with out Allegiant Vouchers to go see her in February! My mom and dad want to go visit but don't think they can do it on their own so we thought up a win/win plan to use the vouchers and go together! I'll take Ray and Jack and we'll be there for Wyatt's birthday so I'm excited!

Lots of fun times with the bestest family in the world! Let the spirit of Christmas continue!


















































 

Comments