Christmas 2018

Christmas Eve was relaxing for most of us.. I did some last minute shopping with Tanner but my day was mostly spent cooking a turkey dinner while everyone swam and watched movies. At the end of it all, no one was too hungry and wanted to eat so I was slightly bummed. We had a spread out all day of tons of snacks... I should have known better! We all wore our Christmas jammies and Tanner read Luke 2 and T'was the Night Before Christmas before we all went to bed. Tanner and I watched every Christmas episode of the Office before dozing off.
Santa came!
The kids woke up around 6:30am and we headed down around 7. Parker got the LEGOS he wanted, Ray and Jack got their light up scooters, and Ella got a baby doll with a stroller. We didn't go over board this year and kept things simple. Poor Tanner didn't have very many gift though due to the budget. He DID get word that his boss is giving him a Boosted Board, though, so he was happy.
Tanner heated the pool so we spent a long time outside enjoying the cool, crisp air and warm water. I was starting to feel very overwhelmed at the thought of cleaning up allll the Christmas mess and when Tanner asked me what was wrong, I kinda broke down. So he agreed we should ditch the mess and head down to the beach! The kids were able to ride their new scooters and we enjoyed a beautiful Christmas sunset over the ocean. Honestly, the beach with my family is THE best gift.
Even though I felt like I was so organized and super prepared for Christmas, it kinda snuck up on me and felt like it flew by in a whirlwind! 
It's nice to know it will be back again next year!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!


















































Comments