Legoland with Parker

Parker has been begging to go back to Legoland since the last time he went 6 years ago. He was able to earn a free ticket over the Summer during the library's reading program and I signed him up to receive a ticket through his school. Tanner has been working 7 days a week all month but I asked him to please watch the kids so I could take Parker before the tickets expired- which he reluctantly agreed to. We drove down and we prepared to have a super fun day but were completely devastated when we learned that the kind of tickets we had were not compatible. I sat down and completely lost it. I broke down and was sobbing like a baby. I had no idea what to do and felt like I totally let Parker down. I went to the ticket man and asked him what I could possibly do to make this work and without missing a beat, printed me a ticket. I gave Parker the HUGEST hug and we skipped on in to Legoland with humble and grateful hearts! Legoland is super boring but Parker had a blast. It was HIS day so I just followed him around and did what he wanted to do. We went on some fun rides, he built a fast car and won a race, and we stopped in to see a Lego robotics competition. At the end of the day, we had dinner at Islands- his favorite restaurant and it was soooo good. We were starving!
When we got home, the kids were in bed and Tanner was exhausted but everyone was happy. Parker has always been my best little buddy, and extraordinary kid, and I loved spending one on one time with him!



























Comments