Post Holiday Blues
So much to do and NO energy with which to do it.
The day after Christmas I crashed. I cried. I screamed. It was a bad day.
Tanner took the day off, got new tires on my car, and helped as best as he could. Trying to clean your house with 4 kids inside is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos. As soon as I accomplished one thing, there were 2 more messes to pick up (or kids to feed or needs to meet). The baby found pretzels and spilled them everywhere. Then Jack found the pretzels and spilled them everywhere. They found Tanner's popcorn and spilled that everywhere and somehow Ray got into my hair spray and emptied an entire bottle on Ella's head. So. Many. Showers. So much vacuuming. So much post decor dust and up and down with the ladder. I feel into bed exhausted and woke up the next day sick. Tanner had to go to work but that's ok. He actually came home early with his new boosted board and was sooo happy, and helpful! By Friday, my house was looking more like normal and feeling pretty clean but it was still an uphill battle keeping it that way. I was sick and tired and not feeling my best. I WANTED to take my kids somewhere fun or at least play with them but there was so much to do... and there's still so much to do! Laundry and dishes and bedtime routines and food prep.. it just never ever ends. Saturday was great! We swam and went for bike rides, ordered Indian Food and got caught up on laundry, cleaned the garage and took down the lights. It felt glorious!
Today, Sunday, Parker was sustained a Deacon and next week he'll be ordained! President Nelson announced that kids TURNING 12 this year can receive temple recommends and being attending the temple! What a tremendous blessing! We went to dinner with Jill and Paul on Thursday night and we both had so much to be thankful for! Today we attended a meeting to go over the Come Follow Me manual and I am so excited to organize my family's gospel study routine! I'm so glad my kids are home with me most of the time. Parker will start doing baptisms with some of the ward kids once a week and we can follow this gospel study plan each day. I am excited to see where the New Year will take us!











Comments