Hit the Ground Running


We got back from our trip to Idaho and collapsed into bed. We were dirty and exhausted... but we had to get our sleep to prepare for a full week.

  Monday morning Rayleigh started superhero dance camp and Parker started a week of teaching swimming lessons in our pool for the very first time. I knew the battery in my car was dead so Tanner and I set our alarms so that he could help me jump start it and drop it off. It needed a new battery and new brakes which cost us $1000. Too bad Monte didn’t come in July to help with car stuff. We raced home after dropping off my car so I could get Rayleigh ready for superhero dance camp and when I went to start Tanner‘s car, his car wouldn’t start either! We sat in the garage trying to get it to jumpstart as I sweated bullets knowing she was going to be late to dance. Pretty soon Parker's swim lesson kids showed up and luckily the mom let me take her car to drop off Rayleigh. Parker did a good job teaching swimming lessons! Jack had fun playing with one kid while the other had her lesson. (TaMera Masson with Oakley who wants to marry Jack, and David who is named after David Ward). Tanner had to stay home from work all morning so that I could take his car to go pick up Rayleigh from dance at noon and by the time she was home, my car was ready. So we went and picked up my car and Tanner was finally able to go back to work. What a crazy morning! I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and cleaning up after our vacation. And! I seem to have come down with a bad cold! Bummer!

Tuesday was Ella's first day of preschool with Danielle Moss. She was so excited and it was so cute to drop her off and watch her little face light up with pride. I then dropped off Rayleigh at dance camp and Parker taught swim lessons. We had about one hour of relative peace and calm before going to pick up Ella and then Rayleigh again. Ella had a great first day of school and Rayleigh is loving Superhero dance camp. After I picked up the girls I swung by the house pick up the boys for their well checks at Coastal Kids. We drove down and had to wait in the car for a room to be ready for us- thanks Covid! Anique is the best and Parker and Jack are perfectly healthy! Parker had to get three shots- he was not happy about it, but was so brave. He is completely off the charts at 5 foot 8 inches and 185 pounds! He is truly a man child! Jack is 40 inches tall and 45 pounds and just a perfect little specimen. 
I was hesitant to stop by my parents because I have this cold but we made a quick stop and visited with them in the backyard for a little while. It was good to see them, I always love spending time with my parents. They are doing so great they are the best grandparents. They always make me feel like a million bucks!
That night I had bunco which is always my favorite. I love being with these ladies! We eat good, food play a fun game, and always stay up late laughing!

Wednesday it was another busy catch-up day and guess who else had car problems? Kim! She ran into a fence post and pretty much totaled her car but she’s doing OK. 

Thursday I took Ella to her second day of preschool which she was so excited about. It’s funny because she’s my fourth child and I was so not ready for her to start school this year. She has to go to school with one of Parker’s Old lunchboxes! #MomFail. I then decided to send Jack with Rayleigh to superhero dance camp and he had a blast! Since I had three kids gone, away from home, and after Parker was done teaching swimming lessons, we were able to sit down and fill out his login information for his new school year. He is using a new curriculum that’s all online and I think he’s going to do really well. I’m really proud of him! He really is such a fantastic young man!

Since Ella didn’t have Preschool on Friday and Rayleigh and Jack we’re done with superhero camp, we decided to invite our “swimming lessons“ friends stay after their lesson to swim with us. It’s been really hot – in the hundreds this week, so it was fun to have them stay and play! Even us moms got in the pool!
 I Spent the rest of the day cleaning and preparing for Ella’s birthday party. I did some shopping, wrapped her presents, and picked up her amazing mermaid birthday cake from Alyse. And to top it all off, Rayleigh lost a tooth! Parker went to Everett’s birthday party and had an absolute blast. I’m so amazed by Caroline- doing a birthday party and homeschooling her kids during a pandemic all while being recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. 
It was an extremely busy week full of unexpected surprises but it was awesome nonetheless. This pandemic isn’t slowing us down!



















 

Comments