Girls' Weekend in Palm Springs

Because of the Covid pandemic, our girls trip to New York City was canceled. We were all pretty bummed and have been searching for another weekend getaway for a while. Erika found a great deal at the Marriott in Palm Springs so we all chipped in and got a two bedroom condo. There was a little bit of a mixup about who was going to drive, when we would get there, and when we would all leave, but we worked it out and we had a great time together.
Erica drove up with me and we were able to have a great chat. The first thing we did when we got to Palm Springs was meet up with everybody for lunch at Panera bread. Then we checked in to the hotel and quickly headed for the pool because it was 1,000,000° outside. That night we went to the most amazing Mexican restaurant for dinner. Christine really knows where the good food is. We got virgin piƱa colada’s and ate our weight and chips and salsa. That night we stayed up way too late playing games, eating junk food, and laughing till our stomachs hurt! 
The next morning we all slept in, ate a great breakfast of baked oatmeal, and then set out for a little shopping. (some crazy people worked out) I was on a mission to find some nicer clothes I could wear when Tanner invites me out to a work dinner. We went back to the hotel and took a dip in the pool before heading back to the condo for an early dinner. Once again Christine brought the most amazing ingredients for Italian sandwiches. We all worked together to make dinner, blasting music and dancing. Of course Courtney had us do a little High Fitness to burn off all the candy we’d been eating. We once again stayed up way too late playing NERTS and Throw-Throw Burrito. 
Sunday was my favorite day. We all slept in
again and had a leisurely breakfast. Then we each separated and participated in the Relief Society zoom meeting. Alyse gave the lesson and I was fighting tears the whole time- feeling the spirit so strongly. We women really need each other for support and I am so blessed to have so many strong, faithful friends. My main take away from the lesson was to put my faith to work – it’s not enough to say I believe in some thing, I have to put forth the hard work to show heavenly father I can be a trusted servant and receive promised blessings. 
After Relief Society we were lucky to join Erika‘s parents for sacrament meeting. They were staying in the condo next-door with some of Erica‘s other family members (her sisters and brothers in law and nephews). Her dad presided over the meeting, we sang beautiful hymns, and I was once again fighting tears as these valiant teenage boys blessed and passed the sacrament to each of us. I am so thankful for my Savior and for the blessing of the sacrament. The atonement enables me to have peace in my life each and every day no matter my circumstances.  
I think we were all feeling touched by the spirit and when we got back to our condo, we each had some powerful discussions with each other. Each of us women is so different and our perspective on life shines light on questions and answers in totally unique and different ways. We have so much to learn from each other and it’s a blessing to have such honesty and trust between us and the Savior as our rock. 
We spent a little time in the pool before going back to the condo for a delicious roast which Christine, once again prepared for us. We were able to watch a youth devotional which was broadcast to a few different stakes from an amazing woman named Kristen Murray who is in Jon’s Ward. Her message was about self-worth; how each of us was born to be tried and tested and that those are opportunities for growth- to become a bright shining star. We come from loving heavenly parents who weep when we weep. We are never forgotten. She talked about being generous with your complements and also receiving compliments gladly and showing gratitude. 
As you can imagine by the end of the day my heart was full. Most of the girls left after the devotional and me Erika and Courtney stayed that night. We talked and played games until we were exhausted and fell asleep.
The next morning I had to set my alarm early and leave the condo by 7 AM. I listened to my scriptures and the Come Follow Me podcast as I drove home to be there in time to start the kids zoom meetings at 8:30 AM.
I had the most amazing weekend away with the best girlfriends! I really needed some time to fill my cup because, man, life is about to get crazy!












Tanner took good care of the kids while I was gone.



 

Comments