Jack's 4th Birthday in Bryce Canyon

We celebrated Jack's 4th birthday in St. George. In the morning, after he woke up, we opened his gifts. He was thrilled with Lightening McQueen jammies, Cars LEGOS, light up swords, and some books. We had a yummy pancake breakfast and got ready for the days' adventures.
As we were loading up the car, Rayleigh and Jack played with the girls next door. These girls were THE SWEETEST and we loved getting to know them!
We drove to Bryce and when we got there we noticed it looked pretty chilly. We were NOT prepared for cold weather. We had to stop by the gift shop for sweaters but we ended up not really needing them. Bryce was crowded and gave me some anxiety with the steep drop offs. We told each other we'd hike as far as we wanted and then we'd just turn around and go back. We didn't make it too far. I mean, it was really crowded which made it not so fun. But the landscape was incredible and we enjoyed the views! Honestly, the best part of Bryce was when we ventured off road and found some cool little spots to roam around. Tanner is a better driver than I am when it comes to random exploring. 
We took a different way home and drove through a ton of snow! We decided to hop out and let the kids play for a little while. They LOVED it! Making spontaneous memories like that is my favorite. We built a tiny snowman and had a snowball fight. It was awesome. Parker made a couple of snow balls for the kids to eat when we got back in the car.
Jack wanted McDonald's for dinner and Tanner and I used an Outback Steakhouse gift card and got a yummy dinner. We ate back at the condo and then played at the park and went swimming. It was a pretty good day full of adventure! 
Ella had a hard time sleeping so I snuggled up next to her at night and it was the best. She was so good to go right to sleep next to me. I think it kind of bugged Tanner that I wasn't with him but I secretly LOVED snuggling up next to Ella all night! My baby!
The next day we packed up and drove home. We stopped by Thunder Junction playground to let the kids get their wiggles out before the drive- that place is epic! Such a cool park! We drove through Culver's and got the yummiest custard and food and FRY SAUCE! We listened to Bryan Regan on the way home which had us all cracking up. Despite feeling a TON of anxiety about my brother's hurtful phone call with me a few days prior, we had a great little weekend away! I love adventures with my family. 
And I love JACK! My little surprise baby boy is 4! From day 1, he's been the best little boy. He is a peace maker, has the best imagination, is warm and kind and thoughtful, he's smart and funny, still out most entertaining child. He loves Lightening McQueen, It's a Small World, cheeseburgers, and ice cream. He hates when Rayleigh goes to school and greets everyone with a huge smile and warm hug when he hasn't seen them in 2.5 minutes. He is super obedient and has the best blonde curls on the back of his neck. He loves "Special Mommy/Jack Time" and making people happy. I know Heavenly Father has big plans for Jack and I am proud to be his mother. Happy Birthday, Jackers McCrackers!


















































Comments