Ray Goes to 6th Grade Camp

 The very next day after we got home from our cruise, Rayleigh had to be packed, ready, and up early to make it to 6th grade camp. She was so excited, along with her friends, and ready for another adventure.

She shared a bunk with her friend Shriya and they had a blast together. It was cold up in the mountains but they canoed, did archery, went on a hike, and (Ray's favorite) rock climbed. Each day was full of activities from sun up to sun down and I was thankful for the mom friends who were there chaperoning who shared pictures with me. They ate 3 meals a day in a big mess hall and the kids all seemed to enjoy the food! When she came home, she spent hours telling me about camp as she soaked in the tub and I sat next to her. It was the best.

I'm really proud of Rayleigh. Being thrown into a new and different environment rarely phases her. She is the most resilient kid I know. Her courage is unmatched. And her compassion and empathy is to be admired. Rayleigh, you are a light. You are a gift. And it makes me so happy to see you thriving and growing into the beautiful young woman Heavenly Father wants you to be.


















Comments