June 28th: Bitter Sweet
Today was bitter sweet. The bitter part was realizing it was my last day at home, being spoiled by my parents, spending every day basking in the warm so cal sunshine, and playing with my siblings and nieces and nephews.
But the sweet part was that we were able to celebrate the day of Karina's birth! She hosted a fabulous party at her pool. We brought yummy food and cake and ice cream and indulged ourselves while the kids splish splashed to their hearts delight. Jon and I jumped into the water too and it was a total joy playing with the kids. I loved every minute of it. It really is so magical to see our children loving each other and playing together. It's like a dream come true- a dream I could never have imagined to be so sweet. And it just keeps getting better and better.
Jon and I were talking the other day about how Kimmie will start college about the time Parker gets back from his mission and how fun it will be to see him by her side at social events- she's a total babe and all of Parker's friends are going to want a chance with her! They'll have to go through Parker first! Although, I think Kim will be able to handle her own, don't you? :-)
I've grown to love my little nieces and nephews so much more these past few weeks. They are all so precious and incredible in their own unique ways. I'm so grateful for an eternal family!
And I'm so thankful that in just a few short days I'll be with my wonderful husband again! It's been fun but I've had to muscle my way around with this wounded heart. I'm ready to make it whole again. Love you!!! Xoxoxo














Comments