June 10th: LHHS Reunion, sort of...
This morning I made the mistake of going back to bed after I got up with Parker at 7. Something about doing that totally screws up my day. Oh well.
We got to talk to tanner this morning which was great. I know it gives Parker a boost to see his daddy! Before church we met up with a friend I've had since 7th grade. I didn't really like her in jr high because Johnny Sullivan, my all time crush, and she "went out" together. But I guess since its been 15 years I can finally forgive her. ;-) Shaina has a daughter named Sophia who is just a few months older than Parker. She is totally sassy and out going and a really great gymnast! She and Parker had a blast playing at the dinosaur park by Laguna Hills High School while Shaina and I caught up and remembered our high school days. We walked the kids around the high school and saw lots of kids practicing band and stuff. There was a mom sitting on the grass waiting for her son to finish practice who had 3 chicks with her! Soph got right in there and was thrilled with the tiny birds but Parker was a little hesitant. He's SUCH a city boy! I swear! You'd think he'd get a kick out of animals and bugs but he's such a little pansy! It's so cute- he's his mothers son. ;-)
Church was great and I can't wait for tanner to get his fathers day package. Parker made some fantastic things for him. I love seeing so many dear friends at church and I'm lucky to have a little extra time to be able to visit them.
For dinner mom made us an out of this world tuna noodle casserole! I'm not kidding, tanner- prepare to have your mind blown with this tuna casserole recipe! We also used an idea from the Friend and cut shapes out of the watermelon with Parker's airplane cookie cutter.
This evening we made cookies out of cake mix for the Brooks family who just lost their father. He has been battling lung cancer for 2 years and my heart is breaking for them. As I reflect on my memories of him I realize there are many special ones- from the time I was very little until just recently. He was a great man and will be dearly missed.
We are at our half way point. We've been away from Tanner for a month and we have 1 month to go. Can't wait!
Love you!!! Xoxox
















Comments