June 4th: Monday Funday
Today was a great day! (besides missing tanner like crazy) Every morning when I wake up I feel like I've had night time cold medicine. I'm so groggy and go in and out of sleep with trippy dreams until I finally wake up. I think I've been going to bed too late and not sleeping too well in the mornings... Anyhoo,
After I hauled my butt out of bed we took our morning walk to the park. We saw my high school friend Alex who was walking her dog. Alex suffered a severe stroke about a year ago. She is an extremely rare case and has been under several treatments since the stroke. Her nerve endings are starting to find their way back again leaving her in a tremendous amount of pain and it's terribly hard for her to walk but she does it and she's incredible.
After the park, Parker and I headed down to the beach. It was a June gloom day but we had practically the entire beach to ourselves and it was really nice. We searched the tide pools and were educated on local sea life by a conservation volunteer. Parker was enthralled by it all. We made sand castles and pretend pizza and played catch (we need tanner to play frisbee) It was glorious.
On our way home from the beach we stopped for ice cream cones! Yum!
I've been getting a lot of texts from everyone at work. Apparently the new people, well, stink. They miss me so much and I'm very flattered. I miss them so much, too. They made the last 2 years magnificent. Tanner- remember the patient that I watched the new girl scan. She told the boys he was negative and I was so sure he was positive. I mentioned it to dr Mitchell before I left, too, and they ended up bringing the guy back in and scanning him again. Guess what, he was positive. That new girl is an idiot and she thinks she's awesome. I feel so bad for them.
Tonight mom took us to the shops and Parker was able to visit build a bear for the very first time! It was magical. Seriously, I almost cried. This place way exceeded my expectations. Parker was able to pick out a bear (he really wanted the rainbow one) and put the stuffing in him. The lady helping us was so sweet and made sure the bear had enough stuffing in his legs so he could run fast and keep up with Parker, had enough stuffing in his back because he'll always have parkers back, and enough in his tummy so it won't make angry growl sounds. Then he got to choose a heart for the bear. He chose 4 because he's 4. She had him give the hearts pats to get the beats going and kisses and a big hug and make a wish on them before putting them in the bear. Then she sewed him up and he gave the bear a name- "Stuffy". He gave him an air bath and fluffed him up with a soft brush. We made a birth certificate for Stuffy and we were able to take him home in a cute little box. Parker loves stuffy and it's just about the most precious thing ever.
I won a gift certificate to cheesecake factory so we went there for dinner tonight. Yum! Sorry tanner, we'll take you in December!!! Josi called and we all love to hear how she's doing and can't wait to sleep on her Ikea bed in her sweet guest room!!! :-)
Today was another great day. The only thing that would make it perfect would be having tanner here with us. Love you!!! Xoxoxo
Ready for the beach!
A picture of a flower for Mom :-)
Checking out the tide pool- Learning so much!
The environmental volunteer told us the rules of the tide pools- Don't pick up anything or take anything home. She also gave us a brochure that taught us about all the different species that live in the tide pools.It was all very educational and we had a great time learning about everything!
Our family
We love to get ice cream cones after a big beach day!
Filling Stuffy with lots of fluff
Giving him a hug for lots of love
Making a wish!
Sewing in the hearts
Air bath
Thanks Nanny!!!!
Life is the best with Nanny and Bebo!


























Comments